Can I Stop a Divorce if I Change My Mind?

Can I Stop a Divorce if I Change my Mind?

Can I Stop a Divorce if I Change my Mind?

The judge will be more than happy to stop the divorce at any time before the court files the signed Decree of Dissolution of Marriage with the clerk of the court, so long as both spouses agree to dismiss the case. Generally, the court will not, however, dismiss the divorce proceedings unless both spouses agree to do so, regardless of who initially filed the divorce.

One exception to these rules occurs when a spouse files for divorce but never serves the divorce petition on his or her spouse and the other spouse has not filed an Answer to the Divorce Petition. In this situation, the person who filed for divorce may voluntarily dismiss his or her Divorce Petition.

Contact Our Scottsdale Arizona Divorce Attorneys

If you are in need of a divorce lawyer in Scottsdale or Phoenix Arizona, the family law firm of Hildebrand Law, PC is only a phone call away. Our attorneys handle all types of divorce cases in Arizona. Please call (480)947-4339 if you wish to speak with our Arizona divorce lawyers or have additional questions regarding Arizona divorce laws.