Skip to Content
Hildebrand Law, P.C. mobile logo

How to Enforce Visitation for Non-Custodial Parent in Arizona

U.S. News and World Report Best Divorce and Family Law Firms in Arizona

The Scottsdale Arizona child custody attorneys at Hildebrand Law, PC with to help you enforce visitation for a non-custodial parent in Arizona. Now, the divorce is final, and you were issued your final decree. It included a specific parenting time and visitation outline that both you and your ex-agreed to follow or the court-ordered.

But now that no more court dates or hearings are coming up on the horizon to discuss the best interests of the child, your ex is not adhering to the parenting plan as agreed and you need to enforce visitation as a noncustodial parent. What can you do about it?

How to Enforce Visitation in Arizona

It is fairly common for a custodial parent to deny visitation to the noncustodial parent during designated times for visitation in direct conflict with the Court’s order. It’s also common for arguments between parents to lead to one parent engaging in what is referred to as parental alienation.

In other situations, one parent will fall behind on child support payments and the other parent will respond by withholding access to the child in direct opposition to the Court’s child custody order. These are examples of violations of Arizona state law.

How to Enforce Visitation for Non-Custodial Parent in Arizona.

Once the Petition to Enforce visitation for the non-custodial parent has been filed and served on the parent in violation of the Court order, the court will hold a hearing. The court will review the noncompliance of the parent to the Court ordered parenting time agreement in place.

The court may find that it is not sufficient or “good cause” to refuse to comply with the parenting schedule as ordered by the Court and will enforce visitation for the non-custodial parent. If so, they may order make-up parenting time, require the violating parent to attend additional education classes or family counseling, order a civil penalty, or may transfer primary physical custody to the non-custodial parent who was denied visitation.

If you have questions about how to enforce visitation for non-custodial parent in Arizona, you should seriously consider contacting the attorneys at Hildebrand Law, PC. Our Arizona child custody and family law attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience successfully representing clients in child custody and family law cases.

Our family law firm has earned numerous awards such as US News and World Reports Best Arizona Family Law Firm, US News and World Report Best Divorce Attorneys, “Best of the Valley” by Arizona Foothills readers, and “Best Arizona Divorce Law Firms” by North Scottsdale Magazine.

Call us today at (480)305-8300 or reach out to us through our appointment scheduling form to schedule your personalized consultation and turn your child custody or family law case around today.

More Articles About Child Custody in Arizona