Requirements for Spousal Support in Arizona
Let’s discuss the requirements for being awarded spousal support, sometimes referred to as alimony or spousal maintenance, in Arizona. A spouse may be eligible for an award of spousal maintenance if he or she meets at least one of four factors that are set forth in the Arizona spousal maintenance statute.
Specifically, a spouse may be entitled to an award of spousal support if he or she does have enough property to provide for his or her reasonable needs, is unable to earn enough money to support themselves or has a child of such a young age he or she should not be expected to work.
Another reason the court may award spousal support in Arizona is if one of the spouses assisted the other spouse in pursuing his or her education. That last reason a court may award spousal support in the form of spousal maintenance is if the parties were married a long time and/or one of the spouses is at an age where it is not likely he or she should be expected to obtain employment.
Call the experienced Scottsdale and Phoenix Arizona spousal support attorneys at (480)305-8300 at Hildebrand Law, PC to learn more about spousal support in Arizona.
Other Articles About Spousal Maintenance in Arizona
- Problems With Alimony Calculators
- Arizona Spousal Maintenance Guidelines
- Basics of Alimony in Arizona
- Entitlement to Spousal Maintenance in Arizona
- Paying Alimony to a Working Spouse
- Waiver of Spousal Maintenance in Arizona
- Stopping Spousal Maintenance Payments in Arizona
- Standard of Living for Alimony in Arizona
- Non-Modifiable Spousal Support in Arizona
- Modifying Non-Modifiable Spousal Support in Arizona
- How is Spousal Maintenance Calculated in Arizona
- How to Modify Alimony in Arizona
- Modify or Terminate Alimony Early
- Terminate Alimony Upon Remarriage
- Denial of Spousal Support as a Sanction in Arizona
- Affect Children’s College Costs Have On Alimony in AZ
- Employment History and Alimony in Arizona
- Excessive Spending on a Claim for Alimony in AZ
- Health Insurance and Alimony in Arizona
- Is Alimony Taxable Income in Arizona
- Length of Marriage to Get Spousal Support in Arizona
- Living Together and Spousal Maintenance in Arizona
- Reasons for Getting Alimony in Arizona
- Veterans Disability Income and Alimony in Arizona
- What is Alimony or Spousal Maintenance in Arizona
Chris Hildebrand wrote this article about spousal support in Arizona to ensure everyone has access to information about spousal support laws in Arizona. Chris is a family law attorney at Hildebrand Law, PC. He has over 24 years of Arizona family law experience and has received multiple awards, including US News and World Report “Top Arizona Divorce Attorneys”, Phoenix Magazine “Top Divorce Law Firms”, and Arizona Foothills Magazine “Best of the Valley” award. He believes the policies and procedures he uses to get his clients through a child custody case should all be guided by the principles of honesty, integrity, and actually caring about what his clients are going through.