Are the Costs of Health Insurance Considered for Alimony in Arizona?
Cost of Health Insurance and Alimony in Arizona
If you are going through a divorce or legal separation, you may be asking are the costs of health insurance considered for alimony in Arizona.
In an Arizona divorce, The Court must consider the cost of obtaining health insurance for the spouse seeking alimony in Arizona, as well as the cost savings of the spouse who is no longer providing or paying for health insurance for the other spouse.
In many cases, this will not represent a significant factor to the Court because health insurance costs are not typically the largest of the living expenses a person may incur.
However, there are situations where health insurance costs can be significantly high when, for example, someone is older.
Are Health Insurance Costs Considered for alimony in Arizona?
If someone has a serious medical condition, some people elect to seek a legal separation, as opposed to a divorce.
This situation would occur If the paying spouse has an employer group health plan and that plan allows both spouses to remain on the health insurance plan if the parties are legally separated and not divorced.
The law still allows for an award of alimony in Arizona if the parties seek a legal separation instead of a divorce.
Contact Our Scottsdale Arizona Alimony Attorneys
Call us today at (480)305-8300 to schedule your personalized consultation with one of our experienced Arizona spousal maintenance attorneys at our award-winning law firm located in Scottsdale, Arizona to get answers to your questions about spousal maintenance in Arizona.
U.S. News and World Report “Best Divorce Law Firm | 2020”, “Best of the Valley” by Arizona Foothills Magazine, “Top Family Law Attorney” by North Valley Magazine, “AV Rated Divorce Attorney” by Martindale-Hubbell” and many more.
Other Articles About Spousal Maintenance in Arizona
- Arizona Spousal Maintenance Guidelines
- Problems With Alimony Calculators
- Basics of Alimony in Arizona
- Entitlement to Spousal Maintenance in Arizona
- Paying Alimony to a Working Spouse
- Waiver of Spousal Maintenance in Arizona
- Stopping Spousal Maintenance Payments in Arizona
- Standard of Living for Alimony in Arizona
- Non-Modifiable Spousal Support in Arizona
- Modifying Non-Modifiable Spousal Support in Arizona
- How is Spousal Maintenance Calculated in Arizona
- How to Modify Alimony in Arizona
- Modify or Terminate Alimony Early
- Terminate Alimony Upon Remarriage
- Denial of Spousal Support as a Sanction in Arizona
- Affect Children’s College Costs Have On Alimony in AZ
- Employment History and Alimony in Arizona
- Excessive Spending on a Claim for Alimony in AZ
- Is Alimony Taxable Income in Arizona
- Length of Marriage to Get Spousal Support in Arizona
- Living Together and Spousal Maintenance in Arizona
- Reasons for Getting Alimony in Arizona
- Veterans Disability Income and Alimony in Arizona
- What is Alimony or Spousal Maintenance in Arizona
Chris Hildebrand wrote this article about health insurance and alimony to ensure everyone has access to information about alimony laws in Arizona. Chris is a divorce and alimony attorney at Hildebrand Law, PC. He has over 24 years of Arizona family law experience and has received multiple awards, including US News and World Report “Top Arizona Divorce Attorneys”, Phoenix Magazine “Top Divorce Law Firms”, and Arizona Foothills Magazine “Best of the Valley” award. He believes the policies and procedures he uses to get his clients through a divorce should all be guided by the principles of honesty, integrity, and actually caring about what his clients are going through in an alimony case.