What Effect Does Excessive Spending Have On a Claim for Alimony in Arizona
Effect of Excessive Spending on a Claim for Alimony in Arizona
Some people ask us what effect does excessive spending have on a claim for alimony in Arizona.
First, you should know the Court will consider if either spouse spent an excessive amount of money during the marriage, as well as whether a spouse has hidden community assets or fraudulently disposed of those assets when determining whether to award alimony in Arizona.
This could mean the Court could refuse to award spousal maintenance to a spouse who is otherwise unable to support themselves but has hidden or squandered money during the marriage.
Alternatively, the Court could award a greater amount of spousal maintenance for a longer duration to a spouse who receives less community property because the other spouse has hidden assets or fraudulently disposed of community assets.
If you have questions about the effect excessive spending has on a claim for alimony in Arizona, you should seriously consider contacting the attorneys at Hildebrand Law, PC. Our Arizona spousal maintenance and family law attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience successfully representing clients in spousal maintenance and family law cases.
Our family law firm has earned numerous awards such as US News and World Reports Best Arizona Family Law Firm, US News and World Report Best Divorce Attorneys, “Best of the Valley” by Arizona Foothills readers, and “Best Arizona Divorce Law Firms” by North Scottsdale Magazine.
Call us today at (480)305-8300 or reach out to us through our appointment scheduling form to schedule your personalized consultation and turn your spousal maintenance or family law case around today.
Other Articles About Spousal Maintenance in Arizona
- WHAT EFFECT DOES CHILDREN’S COLLEGE COSTS HAVE ON ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- EFFECT OF EMPLOYMENT HISTORY ON ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- EFFECT OF VETERANS DISABILITY ON ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- WHAT IS NON-MODIFIABLE SPOUSAL SUPPORT IN ARIZONA
- WHEN YOU CAN MODIFY NON-MODIFIABLE ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- HOW TO STOP SPOUSAL MAINTENANCE PAYMENTS IN ARIZONA
- THE PROBLEM WITH ONLINE ARIZONA ALIMONY CALCULATORS
- HOW DO THE ARIZONA SPOUSAL MAINTENANCE GUIDELINES WORK
- THE EFFECT OF LIVING TOGETHER ON SPOUSAL MAINTENANCE IN ARIZONA
- CAN YOU MODIFY OR TERMINATE ALIMONY EARLY IN ARIZONA
- ARE THE COSTS OF HEALTH INSURANCE CONSIDERED FOR ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- EFFECT OF THE STANDARD OF LIVING ON ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- THE ARIZONA SPOUSAL MAINTENANCE GUIDELINES
- HOW TO TERMINATE ALIMONY UPON A SPOUSE’S REMARRIAGE IN ARIZONA
- IS ALIMONY IN ARIZONA TAXABLE INCOME
- HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO BE MARRIED TO GET ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- DENIAL OF SPOUSAL SUPPORT AS A SANCTION IN AN ARIZONA DIVORCE
- CONTINUING SPOUSAL MAINTENANCE AFTER THE DEATH OF A FORMER SPOUSE IN ARIZONA
- EFFECT OF MERGER ON MODIFICATION OF ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- THE EFFECT OF THE 2017 TAX BILL ON DIVORCE IN ARIZONA
- EFFECT OF CDRP PAY ON ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- TERMINATION OF ALIMONY ON REMARRIAGE IN ARIZONA
- THE EFFECT OF A MILITARY DISABILITY ON ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- CAN VA DISABILITY BENEFITS BE USED TO PAY ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS ON ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- AMBIGUOUS ALIMONY TERMS IN AN ARIZONA DIVORCE DECREE
- CIRCUMSTANCES TO MODIFY ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- NOT SUPPORTING YOURSELF WILL NOT EXTEND ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- WAIVING SPOUSAL MAINTENANCE IN A PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT IN ARIZONA
- EFFECT OF SHARING LIVING EXPENSES ON ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- EFFECT OF THE DIVISION OF PROPERTY ON ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- AN ALIMONY AGREEMENT MAY AFFECT MODIFICATION OF ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- CATEGORIES OF ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- DEFENSES TO NON-MODIFIABLE SPOUSAL MAINTENANCE IN ARIZONA
- WHEN DOES ALIMONY TERMINATE ON REMARRIAGE IN ARIZONA
- DATE FOR CHANGE IN CIRCUMSTANCES TO MODIFY ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- WAIVER OF SPOUSAL MAINTENANCE IN ARIZONA
- EFFECT OF WORKING OVERTIME ON ALIMONY IN ARIZONA
- ATTRIBUTING INCOME FOR SPOUSAL SUPPORT IN ARIZONA
- ARIZONA SPOUSAL MAINTENANCE LAWS