What Effect Does Excessive Spending Have On a Claim for Alimony in Arizona?
The Court will consider if either spouse spent an excessive amount of money during the marriage, as well as whether a spouse has hidden community assets or fraudulently disposed of those assets when determining whether to award alimony in Arizona.
This could mean the Court could refuse to award spousal maintenance to a spouse who is otherwise unable to support themselves but has hidden or squandered money during the marriage.
Alternatively, the Court could award a greater amount of spousal maintenance for a longer duration to a spouse who receives less community property because the other spouse has hidden assets or fraudulently disposed of community assets.
Contact Our Scottsdale Arizona Alimony Attorneys
Call us today at (480)305-8300 to schedule your personalized consultation with one of our experienced Arizona spousal maintenance attorneys at our award-winning law firm located in Scottsdale, Arizona to get answers to your questions about spousal maintenance in Arizona.
U.S. News and World Report “Best Divorce Law Firm | 2020”, “Best of the Valley” by Arizona Foothills Magazine, “Top Family Law Attorney” by North Valley Magazine, “AV Rated Divorce Attorney” by Martindale-Hubbell” and many more.
Other Articles About Spousal Maintenance in Arizona
- Arizona Spousal Maintenance Guidelines
- Problems With Alimony Calculators
- Basics of Alimony in Arizona
- Entitlement to Spousal Maintenance in Arizona
- Paying Alimony to a Working Spouse
- Waiver of Spousal Maintenance in Arizona
- Stopping Spousal Maintenance Payments in Arizona
- Standard of Living for Alimony in Arizona
- Non-Modifiable Spousal Support in Arizona
- Modifying Non-Modifiable Spousal Support in Arizona
- How is Spousal Maintenance Calculated in Arizona
- How to Modify Alimony in Arizona
- Modify or Terminate Alimony Early
- Terminate Alimony Upon Remarriage
- Denial of Spousal Support as a Sanction in Arizona
- Affect Children’s College Costs Have On Alimony in AZ
- Employment History and Alimony in Arizona
- Health Insurance and Alimony in Arizona
- Is Alimony Taxable Income in Arizona
- Length of Marriage to Get Spousal Support in Arizona
- Living Together and Spousal Maintenance in Arizona
- Reasons for Getting Alimony in Arizona
- Veterans Disability Income and Alimony in Arizona
- What is Alimony or Spousal Maintenance in Arizona
Chris Hildebrand wrote this article about the effect of excessive spending on alimony to ensure everyone has access to information about alimony laws in Arizona. Chris is a family law attorney at Hildebrand Law, PC. He has over 24 years of Arizona family law experience and has received multiple awards, including US News and World Report “Top Arizona Divorce Attorneys”, Phoenix Magazine “Top Divorce Law Firms”, and Arizona Foothills Magazine “Best of the Valley” award. He believes the policies and procedures he uses to get his clients through a divorce should all be guided by the principles of honesty, integrity, and actually caring about what his clients are going through.