Father’s Name on Birth Certificate in Arizona

Father’s Name on Birth Certificate: What you need to know.  When the need arises to establish paternity for your child who is under 18 years of age, you can do so fairly quickly as long as both parents are in agreement regarding the identity of the biological father. Most parents choose to complete the paperwork establishing paternity in the hospital when the child is born, but the required documentation may be submitted at a later time if it becomes necessary to make changes or additions to the birth records.

Father's Name on Birth Certificate.

Father’s Name on Birth Certificate.

Father’s Name on Birth Certificate | How to Do It

By submitting the appropriate documentation establishing paternity, both parents agree that the father listed is the natural (or biological) father. In addition to establishing paternity, the necessary documentation can also change the child’s last name to the father’s last name or change any part of the child’s name (as long as the necessary paperwork is completed within the first three months after birth).

Either parent can request the documentation acknowledging paternity be rescinded through the Paternity Rescission form within 60 days of the most recent signature (of either the mother or the father) listed on the acknowledgment of paternity paperwork.

Regardless of whether you are attempting to establish paternity in Arizona or rescind paternity that has already been created, it’s important that the necessary forms be filled out exactly as required and submitted as needed, or the requests will be denied. For additional information on the forms and process required, contact your family law attorney.

Hildebrand Law, PC | Voted Best of Our Valley in Arizona Foothills Magazine.

Hildebrand Law, PC | Voted Best of Our Valley in Arizona Foothills Magazine.

For assistance in establishing paternity, rescinding an acknowledgment of paternity, or simply want to get your name on your child’s birth certificate, please feel free to get in touch with the Scottsdale and Phoenix Arizona family law experts at Hildebrand Law, PC at (480)305-8300.