What Are Orders of Protection and Injunctions Against Harassment in Arizona?
An Order of Protection and an Injunction Against Harassment are two types of protective orders issued by a court forbidding a person from having contact with the individual requesting the protective order.
The person seeking the protective order must allege facts to demonstrate that the other party has abused or repeatedly harassed the party seeking the order or that an act of violence is likely to occur in the future. The court may grant a spouse the exclusive use and possession of a common residence in the restraining order.
You must be able to show the court the person you want protection from has committed or may commit an act of violence or a series of harassing actions. You do not have to be physically injured to be a victim of domestic violence if you can show that the other person has done or may do any of the following:
- endangered you;
- threatened you or attempted to intimidate you;
- assaulted you with their body or with a weapon;
- interfered with the custody of your children;
- restrained you or held you prisoner;
- attempted or threatened to kidnap you;
- trespassed upon your property or intentionally caused damage to your property;
- Threateningly displayed a deadly weapon or threatened you with a deadly weapon;
- committed other acts of disorderly conduct;
If you have questions about an order of protection and injunction against harassment in Arizona, you should seriously consider contacting the attorneys at Hildebrand Law, PC. Our Arizona restraining order and family law attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience successfully representing clients in restraining order and family law cases.
Our family law firm has earned numerous awards such as US News and World Reports Best Arizona Family Law Firm, US News and World Report Best Divorce Attorneys, “Best of the Valley” by Arizona Foothills readers, and “Best Arizona Divorce Law Firms” by North Scottsdale Magazine.
Call us today at (480)305-8300 or reach out to us through our appointment scheduling form to schedule your personalized consultation and turn your restraining order or family law case around today.
Arizona Family Law Attorneys in Scottsdale and Tucson Arizona
More Articles About Restraining Orders in Arizona
- Basis For Restraining Order in Arizona
- Children On an Arizona Order of Protection in Arizona
- Consequences of an Order of Protection in Arizona
- Dismiss or Modify Arizona Order of Protection
- Domestic Violence Help in Arizona
- False Accusations of Domestic Violence in an Arizona
- Fighting a Restraining Order in Arizona
- Get an Arizona Order of Protection Dismissed or Modified
- How to Get Arizona Order of Protection
- Order of Protection and Child Visitation in Arizona
- Order of Protection and Firearm Restrictions in Arizona
- Order of Protection in Arizona
- Order of Protection or Injunction for Harassment in Arizona
- Orders of Protection in Arizona
- Removal From Home by Arizona Order of Protection
- Violating an Order of Protection By Contacting in Arizona
- What to Do if Your Children Are on an Arizona Order of Protection
- Where do I Obtain a Protective Order in Arizona
Chris Hildebrand wrote the information on this page about orders of protection and injunctions to prohibit harassment in Arizona to ensure everyone has access to information about Order of Protection laws in Arizona. Chris is a family law attorney at Hildebrand Law, PC. He has over 24 years of Arizona family law experience and has received multiple awards, including US News and World Report “Top Arizona Divorce Attorneys”, Phoenix Magazine “Top Divorce Law Firms”, and Arizona Foothills Magazine “Best of the Valley” award. He believes the policies and procedures he uses to get his clients through an Order of Protection case should all be guided by the principles of honesty, integrity, and actually caring about what his clients are going through.