Tips for Finding the Best Arizona Divorce Attorney For Your Arizona Divorce
Find The Best Arizona Divorce Attorneys
Many people searching for a family law attorney have no idea where to turn for advice on how to find the best family law attorney for their case.
Some of the more common things you can do to locate the best divorce and family law lawyer for your case include asking friends and trusted business associates for several referrals to attorneys with whom they have personal knowledge or experience with the law firm’s family law practice.
Additionally, you may research divorce and family law attorneys by scouring the Internet and reviewing the information provided by the attorney on his or her website.
There are several points you should consider when evaluating which Arizona divorce lawyer is best for your case.
The personality of the attorney will, perhaps, be the easiest factor to assess as most lawyers will demonstrate his or her personality by his physical mannerisms, choice of language, and tone during your initial meeting.
Although some clients believe they should hire the most aggressive divorce attorney or most argumentative attorney they can find, I would strongly encourage you to reconsider that strategy.
Judge’s respect lawyers who have a strong command of the facts of their client’s case and presents the evidence in an organized and persuasive manner to establish those facts demonstrate a thorough understanding of the laws that apply to the case and presents his or her client’s case in a professional and dignified manner.
Remember, your attorney represents you and being represented by a hyper-aggressive and unprofessional attorney may cause a lot of harm to you.
Best Arizona Divorce Attorneys | What You Should Be Asking
You should also ask any potential family law attorney questions regarding the length of time he or she has been practicing law and the percentage of his or her cases devoted to family law matters.
By asking these questions, you are trying to determine whether the attorney has a thorough knowledge of Arizona divorce laws.
You are also determining if he or she has enough experience in court to understand how to organize the presentation of your case and present evidence through the questioning of witnesses and the introduction of exhibits at trial.
However, the answers to these questions will not guarantee you are speaking to the best divorce lawyer for you. I have practiced divorce and family law in Arizona for more than twenty years, and I have witnessed great young lawyers who have represented their clients very well, and I have seen lawyers with a significant amount of experience who were unprepared to present their case or had a flawed understanding of Arizona divorce laws.
I believe the best way to find the best Arizona divorce lawyer for your case is to ask the attorney to explain the specific legislation that applies to each issue in your case (i.e., child custody, alimony, child support, etc.).
He or she should explain to you why the facts of your case will provide the result the attorney believes will occur in your case, and provide a detailed discussion regarding what the attorney will do to prepare your case for trial.
These types of questions force the attorney to reveal his knowledge, or lack thereof, of the applicable Arizona divorce laws and to organize his or her thoughts regarding the application of those rules to the facts of your case.
If the attorney’s answers don’t persuade you, your judge will likely be equally unimpressed.
I have personally noticed that the Arizona divorce lawyers who I consider to be real advocates for their clients all have very well staffed offices with excellent employees (i.e., paralegals, legal secretaries, etc.).
Correspondingly, I have had many cases with lawyers who were very disorganized and unpersuasive who it turns out to have no office staff, very few supporting staff, or very inexperienced staff.
You should, therefore, ask any prospective attorney about the office staff in his or her office and the experience of those team members.
We have all heard the adage “if you fail to plan, you plan to fail”. No truism applies better to build a great family law case than that age adage.
The attorneys at Hildebrand Law, PC all implement the same practice model for every new client who retains our law firm.
Specifically, the attorney and his or her paralegal immediately schedule a lengthy meeting with our clients to thoroughly discuss every relevant issue, to thoroughly discuss the law that applies to each issue, and a thorough interview with each client to learn all salient facts that will impact the judge’s ruling on these matters.
During this same meeting, we establish a specific strategy and plan to either settle the case or prepare the case for trial. Each of our clients understands the entire plan and process at the beginning of his or her case and, as importantly, each client has input and control over the strategy to be implemented in his or her case.
The best Arizona divorce attorney for your case is the one with whom you are most comfortable, who has sufficient knowledge and experience to be a persuasive advocate for you, and who has processes, procedures, and excellent office staff in place to competently manage your matter.
More Information on Our Arizona Family Law Attorneys
- Affordable Divorce Lawyers in Arizona
- Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Arizona Order of Protection Attorneys
- Arizona Paternity Attorneys
- Arizona Spousal Maintenance Attorneys
- Arizona Divorce Attorneys for Same-Sex Couples
- Child Custody Attorney in Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Attorney Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Attorneys Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer in Phoenix Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Phoenix Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers in Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers Scottsdale Arizona
- Christian Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Collaborative Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Athletes in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Doctors in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Firefighters in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Lawyers in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys Yuma Arizona
- Divorce Consulting Attorney in Arizona
- Family Law Attorneys in Arizona
- Family Law Attorney in Arizona
- Family Lawyer Arizona
- Flagstaff Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Attorney
- Prescott Arizona Alimony Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Custody Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Child Support
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Visitation
- Prescott Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Modification of Child Custody
- Prescott Arizona Paternity Attorneys
- Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Lawyers
Chris Hildebrand wrote the information on this page about tips for finding the best divorce attorneys in Arizona to ensure everyone has access to information about divorce in Arizona. Chris is a family law attorney at Hildebrand Law, PC. He has over 24 years of Arizona family law experience and has received multiple awards, including US News and World Report “Top Arizona Divorce Attorneys”, Phoenix Magazine “Top Divorce Law Firms”, and Arizona Foothills Magazine “Best of the Valley” award. He believes the policies and procedures he uses to get his clients through a divorce should all be guided by the principles of honesty, integrity, and actually caring about what his clients are going through.