Where do I Establish Paternity in Arizona?

Among other ways to establish paternity in Arizona discussed below, paternity may be established by filing a Complaint for Paternity in the Superior Court of the county where the child lives.

The Superior Court system in Arizona is the only court in which you may file a paternity case. The Superior Court is also the only court that has the authority to enter child custody orders, now referred to as legal decision-making authority, parenting time orders and child support orders.
Where do I Establish Paternity in Arizona
However, there are unique situations that arise that give governmental agencies the power to enter an order establishing paternity. For example, the Arizona Court of Appeals in the case of Rios v. Industrial Commission held the Arizona Industrial Commission had the authority to establish paternity for Workers Compensation benefits sought for a child.

Contact Our Scottsdale Arizona Paternity Attorneys

If you are in need of a paternity lawyer in Arizona, the family law firm of Hildebrand Law, PC is only a phone call away. Our attorneys handle all types of paternity cases in Arizona. Please call (480)947-4339 if you wish to speak with our Arizona paternity lawyers or have additional questions regarding Arizona paternity laws.