Orders of Protection in Arizona
Arizona Orders of Protection
An order of protection in Arizona is an official legal document that is signed by a judge. It is filed against a current or former family member or household member, etc. The order of protection is used to force the specified individual to keep a distance.
Its purpose is to prevent abusive behavior, and it is enforceable by law enforcement. The order of protection requires that the abuser stay away from you and limits various forms of access: phone calls, texting, email, mail, fax, third parties, etc. It can require the abuser to move out of the shared home. If the abuser violates the protective order after it is in place and has been served, the abuser can be arrested and put in jail.
Orders of Protection AZ | Top 3 Reasons to Get an Order of Protection
- Allows You to Define Your Safety Needs with Approval from the Court
- Ability to Request Protective Order for Your Children
- Allows You to Request “No Contact” Orders
Once you have an Order of Protection, you should always keep a copy with you. Make multiple copies of the document and carry one with you at all times. Keep one in the obvious places where you spend a lot of time such as your vehicle, your home, your workplace, etc. Keeping a copy of the order with you at all times is of particular importance if you have children and there are custody/visitation limitations, etc.
More Articles About Restraining Orders in Arizona
- Basis For Restraining Order in Arizona
- Children On an Arizona Order of Protection in Arizona
- Consequences of an Order of Protection in Arizona
- Dismiss or Modify Arizona Order of Protection
- Domestic Violence Help in Arizona
- False Accusations of Domestic Violence in an Arizona
- Fighting a Restraining Order in Arizona
- Get an Arizona Order of Protection Dismissed or Modified
- How to Get Arizona Order of Protection
- Order of Protection and Child Visitation in Arizona
- Order of Protection and Firearm Restrictions in Arizona
- Order of Protection in Arizona
- Order of Protection or Injunction for Harassment in Arizona
- Orders of Protection Against Harassment in Arizona
- Removal From Home by Arizona Order of Protection
- Violating an Order of Protection By Contacting in Arizona
- What to Do if Your Children Are on an Arizona Order of Protection
- Where do I Obtain a Protective Order in Arizona
Chris Hildebrand wrote the information on this page about Order of Protection in Arizona to ensure everyone has access to information about Order of Protection laws in Arizona. Chris is a family law attorney at Hildebrand Law, PC. He has over 24 years of Arizona family law experience and has received multiple awards, including US News and World Report “Top Arizona Divorce Attorneys”, Phoenix Magazine “Top Divorce Law Firms”, and Arizona Foothills Magazine “Best of the Valley” award. He believes the policies and procedures he uses to get his clients through an Order of Protection case should all be guided by the principles of honesty, integrity, and actually caring about what his clients are going through.