Family Law Attorneys in Arizona
Many family attorneys Arizona residents trust understand that when parents are in the middle of a child custody case, it may be difficult to keep communication civil.
After all, custody of your child is the most important legal issue you may ever face, and emotions are often high.
This is why parents who are involved in contentious custody battles should retain the services of one of the family attorneys Arizona provides.
How Will the Court Decide Custody?
Family attorneys in Arizona know that when a judge determines child custody, that decision will be based on what is in the best interest of the child.
There are several factors he or she will examine to make that decision, including:
- The wishes of the parents
- The wishes of the child are (dependent on the child’s age)
- The emotional and physical health of the child and the parents
- Interactions between the child and each parent, as well as the interaction between the child and any additional caregivers
- How the child has adjusted to their current home, school, and community
- Any records of domestic violence or any other child abuse
- The willingness of each parent to ensure the child’s relationship with the other parent is an ongoing one
Many family attorneys Arizona clients rely on also understand that the court may consider both parents’ willingness to let go of their resentment and anger toward each other for the benefit of their child.
Allowing the child to have a relationship with both parents is often a critical factor in custody cases.
When a parent is willing to display this selflessness, it reveals that the parent can put the emotional needs of the child before their own emotional needs.
If a parent attempts to intimidate or bully the other parent, the court could consider that detrimental to the child’s emotional well-being and award sole custody to the other parent.
For example, if the parents are divorcing, Parent A might try to threaten Parent B by restricting Parent B’s interactions with the child, in exchange for something else (such as ownership of the family’s home).
The court may consider this threat and give preference to Parent B during custody decisions because Parent A previously put their interests before the well-being of the child.
Hildebrand Law, PC: Family Attorneys Arizona Parents Trust
If your relationship is ending and you need to address the custody and support of your kids, contact one of the skilled family attorneys in Arizona from our firm.
It is important to remember – especially if this has turned into a contentious custody battle – that whatever you say to the other parent could be used against you later on.
A seasoned Arizona family attorney may represent you in court, and during negotiations to ensure that you don’t accidentally make decisions or statements, you’ll later regret.
The Scottsdale and Phoenix Arizona attorneys at Hildebrand Law, PC are happy to discuss your case in detail during a personalized case evaluation.
If you have questions about family attorneys in Arizona, you should seriously consider contacting the attorneys at Hildebrand Law, PC. Our Arizona divorce and family law attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience successfully representing clients in divorce and family law cases.
Our family law firm has earned numerous awards such as US News and World Reports Best Arizona Family Law Firm, US News and World Report Best Divorce Attorneys, “Best of the Valley” by Arizona Foothills readers, and “Best Arizona Divorce Law Firms” by North Scottsdale Magazine.
Call us today at (480)305-8300 or reach out to us through our appointment scheduling form to schedule your personalized consultation and turn your divorce or family law case around today.
More Information on Our Arizona Family Law Attorneys
- Affordable Divorce Lawyers in Arizona
- Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Arizona Order of Protection Attorneys
- Arizona Paternity Attorneys
- Arizona Spousal Maintenance Attorneys
- Arizona Divorce Attorneys for Same-Sex Couples
- Child Custody Attorney in Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Attorney Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Attorneys Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer in Phoenix Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Phoenix Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers in Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers Scottsdale Arizona
- Christian Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Collaborative Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Athletes in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Doctors in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Firefighters in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Lawyers in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys Yuma Arizona
- Divorce Consulting Attorney in Arizona
- Family Law Attorneys in Arizona
- Family Lawyer Arizona
- Find The Best Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Flagstaff Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Attorney
- Prescott Arizona Alimony Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Custody Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Child Support
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Visitation
- Prescott Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Modification of Child Custody
- Prescott Arizona Paternity Attorneys
- Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Lawyers
Chris Hildebrand wrote the information on this page about family law attorneys in Arizona to ensure everyone has access to information about family law in Arizona. Chris is a family law attorney at Hildebrand Law, PC. He has over 24 years of Arizona family law experience and has received multiple awards, including US News and World Report “Top Arizona Divorce Attorneys”, Phoenix Magazine “Top Divorce Law Firms”, and Arizona Foothills Magazine “Best of the Valley” award. He believes the policies and procedures he uses to get his clients through a divorce should all be guided by the principles of honesty, integrity, and actually caring about what his clients are going through.