Divorce Attorneys for Professional Athletes in Arizona
Hildebrand Law, PC divorce attorneys for professional athletes in Arizona have over 100 years of combined legal experience representing professional athletes in divorce.
In a lot of ways, a professional athlete going through a divorce faces the same issues as everyone else facing a divorce in Arizona.
There is some very important difference a professional athlete faces in a divorce in Arizona that requires you working with a divorce attorney who has experience representing professional athletes in Arizona divorce cases.
The Process of Divorce for Professional Athletes in Arizona
All divorce filings in Arizona are a matter of public record.
As a result, anyone can obtain copies of all pleadings, motion, and other documents filed with the court.
This includes all the documents filed by your attorney, as well as the documents filed by your spouse’s attorney.
These documents contain your personal information, such as the details of your sports contract.
These documents may include allegations that can impact your sports contract, as well as your professional reputation and earnings well into the future.
This negative information can affect your entire career.
Our experienced attorneys will not only protect your interests in a divorce but will also strive to protect your privacy.
Child Custody for Professional Athletes in Arizona
Child custody decisions can be affected because you are a professional athlete going through a divorce in Arizona.
The time you invest in training and traveling to games can create some inconsistency in your ability to spend as much time with your children as you want.
We address child custody issues for our professional athletes by creating a parenting plan that works around those problems.
We also suggest other solutions, such as hiring a nanny or utilizing friends and family members to care for the children.
Regardless of your situation, we offer solutions to ensure your professional responsibilities detract from your ability to spend quality time with your children.
Spousal Maintenance | Professional Athletes in Arizona
Arizona judges can order you to pay your spouse alimony, sometimes referred to as spousal maintenance, in Arizona.
There are many reasons the court issues an award of spousal maintenance in an Arizona divorce.
Professional athletes can earn a substantial amount, including bonuses and other benefits.
All employment income and other benefits can be included in your income when the court considers the issue of alimony.
In many cases, the spouse of a professional athlete is not currently employed.
He or she may even argue you should pay them an amount to allow them to maintain their current standard of living.
You need an attorney who is experienced representing doctors earning a large income who are faced with a claim for spousal maintenance to mitigate your exposure to paying spousal maintenance.
The extent of the assets you will be splitting, the number of debts you have, the standard of living you have maintained, and your spouse’s ability to obtain additional education, training and experience will all be factors to be considered.
You need a divorce lawyer experienced in representing professional athletes facing a claim for spousal maintenance. The terms of your sports contract, the number of assets you own, your debts, your standard of living, and your spouse’s ability to work will all be considered by the court.
Division of Assets and Debts for Professional Athletes in Arizona
All community property acquired during the marriage is required to be equitably divided in an Arizona divorce.
There is a presumption that all property acquired during a marriage is community property.
That definition includes your sports contract.
You need an attorney who has worked with professional athletes to ensure your spouse does not “double-dip” in your divorce case by making a claim for spousal maintenance and also trying to assert a claim that you have to buy him or her out of the community value of that sports contract.
If an expert is retained to value your sports contract, you need an attorney who understands the valuation process of those sports contracts.
If you have questions about divorce attorneys for professional athletes in Arizona, you should seriously consider contacting the attorneys at Hildebrand Law, PC. Our Arizona divorce and family law attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience successfully representing clients in divorce and family law cases.
Our family law firm has earned numerous awards such as US News and World Reports Best Arizona Family Law Firm, US News and World Report Best Divorce Attorneys, “Best of the Valley” by Arizona Foothills readers, and “Best Arizona Divorce Law Firms” by North Scottsdale Magazine.
Call us today at (480)305-8300 or reach out to us through our appointment scheduling form to schedule your personalized consultation and turn your divorce or family law case around today.
More Information on Our Arizona Family Law Attorneys
- Affordable Divorce Lawyers in Arizona
- Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Arizona Order of Protection Attorneys
- Arizona Paternity Attorneys
- Arizona Spousal Maintenance Attorneys
- Arizona Divorce Attorneys for Same-Sex Couples
- Child Custody Attorney in Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Attorney Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Attorneys Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer in Phoenix Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Phoenix Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers in Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers Scottsdale Arizona
- Christian Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Collaborative Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Doctors in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Firefighters in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Lawyers in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys Yuma Arizona
- Divorce Consulting Attorney in Arizona
- Family Law Attorneys in Arizona
- Family Law Attorney in Arizona
- Family Lawyer Arizona
- Find The Best Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Flagstaff Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Attorney
- Prescott Arizona Alimony Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Custody Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Child Support
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Visitation
- Prescott Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Modification of Child Custody
- Prescott Arizona Paternity Attorneys
- Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Lawyers
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION TODAY!PLEASE COMPLETE OUR NEW CLIENT INTAKE FORM TO SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION TODAY!
Chris Hildebrand wrote the information on this page about divorce attorneys for professional athletes in Arizona to ensure everyone has access to information about divorce for lawyers in Arizona. Chris is a family law attorney at Hildebrand Law, PC. He has over 24 years of Arizona family law experience and has received multiple awards, including US News and World Report “Top Arizona Divorce Attorneys”, Phoenix Magazine “Top Divorce Law Firms”, and Arizona Foothills Magazine “Best of the Valley” award. He believes the policies and procedures he uses to get his clients through a divorce should all be guided by the principles of honesty, integrity, and actually caring about what his clients are going through.
As Seen on CBS News, ABC News, NBC News, and Fox News