Divorce Attorneys for Lawyers in Arizona
Our divorce attorneys for lawyers in Arizona have over one-hundred years of combined experience representing lawyers in divorce and other family law cases.
In some ways, an attorney facing a divorce in Arizona will deal with the same issues as anyone facing a divorce.
We have been hired by other divorce attorneys to represent them in their divorce or family law matters.
There are, however, differences a lawyer may face in a divorce that requires hiring an attorney who has represented lawyers in a divorce in Arizona.
Our attorneys have represented many lawyers, including those who own their own law firm, either as equity or non-equity partner in a law firm.
The Process of Divorce for Lawyers in Arizona
As you are aware, almost all divorce cases in Arizona are a matter of public record.
As you also know, anyone can gain access to your personal information by obtaining a copy of your divorce pleadings filed by your attorney and the documents filed by your spouse’s attorney.
This can include information regarding your income, the operation of your law practice, and your annual income.
This can have an effect on your professional reputation.
Our Arizona divorce attorneys have experience in dealing with these issues when an attorney hires us to represent him or her in an Arizona divorce.
We will not only protect your interests in a divorce but will also go to great lengths to protect your privacy.
Child Custody for Lawyers in Arizona
Child custody decisions are not usually affected by the fact you are a lawyer going through a divorce in Arizona.
The only potential issue is whether your work schedule impacts your ability to care for your children.
Having the ability to work at home or altering your work schedule to ensure you are available for your children is helpful.
Alternatively, having a nanny or other care providers, such as friends and family members, can bridge any gaps in time you have to be at work when the children are at home.
Spousal Maintenance | Lawyers in Arizona
If you are an attorney, you are likely aware the court can order you to pay your spouse alimony in an Arizona divorce.
There are several reasons the court may award spousal maintenance.
Lawyers can generate quite a bit of revenue.
As a result, his or her spouse may not have had a reason to work.
You need an attorney experienced in representing lawyers facing a claim for alimony to limit your exposure to paying spousal maintenance.
The community assets you will divide, the number of debts you are obligated to pay, your standard of living, and your Husband’s or Wife’s ability to obtain additional education, training, and his or her experience to enter the workforce will all be factors the court will consider.
Division of Assets and Debts for Lawyers in Arizona
The court must equitably divide your debts and assets and award to each spouse his or her separate property.
Dividing community property is more complicated if you have an ownership interest in a law firm.
You need an attorney who has worked with business appraisers to ensure your interest in your law practice is not overvalued.
You and your divorce lawyer must know the difference between using a “fair value” versus a “fair market value” to value your law practice.
Choosing the correct premise of value will have a profound effect on the value of your law practice.
If you have questions about divorce attorneys for lawyers in Arizona, you should seriously consider contacting the attorneys at Hildebrand Law, PC. Our Arizona divorce and family law attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience successfully representing clients in divorce and family law cases.
Our family law firm has earned numerous awards such as US News and World Reports Best Arizona Family Law Firm, US News and World Report Best Divorce Attorneys, “Best of the Valley” by Arizona Foothills readers, and “Best Arizona Divorce Law Firms” by North Scottsdale Magazine.
Call us today at (480)305-8300 or reach out to us through our appointment scheduling form to schedule your personalized consultation and turn your divorce or family law case around today.
Arizona Family Law Attorneys in Scottsdale and Tucson Arizona
More Information on Our Arizona Family Law Attorneys
- Affordable Divorce Lawyers in Arizona
- Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Arizona Order of Protection Attorneys
- Arizona Paternity Attorneys
- Arizona Spousal Maintenance Attorneys
- Arizona Divorce Attorneys for Same-Sex Couples
- Child Custody Attorney in Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Attorney Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Attorneys Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer in Phoenix Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Phoenix Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers in Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers Scottsdale Arizona
- Christian Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Collaborative Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Athletes in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Doctors in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Firefighters in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys Yuma Arizona
- Divorce Consulting Attorney in Arizona
- Family Law Attorneys in Arizona
- Family Law Attorney in Arizona
- Family Lawyer Arizona
- Find The Best Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Flagstaff Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Attorney
- Prescott Arizona Alimony Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Custody Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Child Support
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Visitation
- Prescott Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Modification of Child Custody
- Prescott Arizona Paternity Attorneys
- Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Lawyers
Chris Hildebrand wrote the information on this page about divorce attorneys for lawyers in Arizona to ensure everyone has access to information about divorcing a lawyer in Arizona. Chris is a family law attorney at Hildebrand Law, PC. He has over 24 years of Arizona family law experience and has received multiple awards, including US News and World Report “Top Arizona Divorce Attorneys”, Phoenix Magazine “Top Divorce Law Firms”, and Arizona Foothills Magazine “Best of the Valley” award. He believes the policies and procedures he uses to get his clients through a divorce should all be guided by the principles of honesty, integrity, and actually caring about what his clients are going through.
As Seen on CBS News, ABC News, NBC News, and Fox News