Child Custody Lawyer in Phoenix AZ
Our Phoenix AZ Child Custody Lawyers
If you’re considering hiring a child custody lawyer in Phoenix AZ, you may want to have more information to make an informed decision. Hildebrand Law, PC is the kind of child custody lawyer in Phoenix Arizona residents want to have on their side.
Guided by years of experience and a tenacious will to get the results our clients are seeking, we have built a reputation to be proud of. Whether you are a mother, father, grandparent, or guardian, if you are trying to get custody of a child, we are ready to help. For a consultation with one of our Phoenix child custody lawyers, please call our law firm today.
Determining Phoenix Arizona Child Custody Lawyer is Right for Your
When parents separate or get a divorce, the children involved can be affected in various manners. It is the ambition of our child custody lawyers to lessen the impact and find a solution as quickly as possible. A custody lawyer may examine different factors of a case to determine who may be most suited to the custody of a child. These factors can include, but are not limited to:
- The best interests of the child
- The child’s wishes (only considered once the child is a certain age)
- Whether or not the parent has a history of domestic violence or drug use
- Which parent may be more encouraging of visits with the other parent
- Overall responsibility level of the parent
It is the right of the parents and the children to enjoy as much time together as possible, but safety and wellbeing must be taken into consideration. A child custody lawyer may encourage equal time shared between both parents or develop another plan that is appropriate for the matter.
Legal Custody vs. Physical Custody in Arizona
With regards to child custody, there are two categories. These are relatively broad, so this information is for general purposes only. If you have further questions, you can speak with an experienced attorney at our office.
Legal custody can be:
- Joint Legal Custody: Both parents share the rights and responsibility of the child’s interest. This includes the ability to make important decisions about schooling, healthcare, spirituality, residency, and overall wellbeing.
- Sole Legal Custody: One parent has the right and responsibility to make decisions on the well-being of the child.
Physical custody can be:
- Joint: The child lives with both parents.
- Sole: The child usually spends more time with one parent than the other. The parent with sole custody generally makes more decisions based on the child’s wellbeing and is known as the primary custodial parent.
We can go over your goals and reach an outcome through mediation, arbitration, or litigation in an Arizona court.
Understanding the Best Interests of a Child in Arizona
When it comes to determining the best interests of a child, a judge has a large degree of discretion and can consider several factors such as:
- The parent’s stability
- The parent’s criminal history
- The child’s age and wishes
- A child’s age and desires
- The parent’s ability to care for a child
If you would like to know more about our approach to child custody cases in Arizona, please call Hildebrand Law, PC today. If you’re considering hiring a lawyer, you may want to have more information to make an informed decision. There are many benefits of hiring an experienced child custody attorney, and we’re going to cover three of them below.
Benefits of Hiring a Child Custody Lawyer
1. Lawyers Have Experience with Custody Cases
You’re likely already stressed out enough dealing with the divorce and your new life. Handling a child custody case alone may be too much for you to take on. We may be able to take some of the stress out of the situation.
Your lawyer likely has experience working with similar child custody cases, may know what to expect with your case and may advise you accordingly. Our attorneys and paralegals handle all of the legal formalities that come with a child custody case, including paperwork and deadlines, which may reduce your stress greatly.
2. Lawyers May Be Less Likely to Make Mistakes
Anyone can make a mistake. However, it’s more likely that parents who try to take this on alone may make a mistake that leads to fines or leaves a bad impression on the judge. An experienced lawyer should be familiar with the legal requirements of a child custody case and understands the consequences of messing something up.
If you make a mistake and it relates to the legal requirements of the case, you may be required to pay a sizeable fine. The court might not look as favorably upon you if you make a mistake, in addition to fines and/or other setbacks. The attorneys at Hildebrand Law, PC have been representing parents in child custody cases for years. You can call to speak with one of our child custody lawyers at Hildebrand Law, PC by calling (480)305-8300 today.
3. Lawyers May Speed Up the Case
If this the first child custody case you’ve dealt with, you might not know all of the complexities and requirements involved. This means that the case could easily be delayed as you work your way through the legal requirements.
Instead of trying to figure it all out alone, you may benefit greatly from having a child custody lawyer on your side. Your lawyer can help you work through the requirements and deal with any problems promptly as they arise.
Furthermore, the lawyer likely has experience working with child custody cases, knows what paperwork is required, and knows what information you’ll need to provide. The result is a streamlined process that is done right the first time, resulting in few or no delays.
Contact a Phoenix Child Custody Lawyer
Child custody cases can be stressful and emotional. The result of the ruling not only impacts you and the other parent but your child as well. Make sure you’re in capable hands by hiring a child custody lawyer Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona parents would recommend at Hildebrand Law, PC by calling (480)305-8300 today.
More Information on Our Arizona Family Law Attorneys
- Affordable Divorce Lawyers in Arizona
- Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Arizona Order of Protection Attorneys
- Arizona Paternity Attorneys
- Arizona Spousal Maintenance Attorneys
- Arizona Divorce Attorneys for Same-Sex Couples
- Child Custody Attorney in Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Attorney Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Attorneys Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Phoenix Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers in Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers Scottsdale Arizona
- Christian Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Collaborative Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Athletes in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Doctors in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Firefighters in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Lawyers in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys Yuma Arizona
- Divorce Consulting Attorney in Arizona
- Family Law Attorneys in Arizona
- Family Law Attorney in Arizona
- Family Lawyer Arizona
- Find The Best Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Flagstaff Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Attorney
- Prescott Arizona Alimony Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Custody Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Child Support
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Visitation
- Prescott Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Modification of Child Custody
- Prescott Arizona Paternity Attorneys
- Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Lawyers
Chris Hildebrand wrote this article about child custody in Arizona to ensure everyone has access to information about child custody laws in Arizona. Chris is a divorce and child custody attorney at Hildebrand Law, PC. He has over 24 years of Arizona family law experience and has received multiple awards, including US News and World Report “Top Arizona Divorce Attorneys”, Phoenix Magazine “Top Divorce Law Firms”, and Arizona Foothills Magazine “Best of the Valley” award. He believes the policies and procedures he uses to get his clients through a divorce should all be guided by the principles of honesty, integrity, and actually caring about what his clients are going through in a divorce.