Child Custody Attorney in Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona
DUE TO COVID-19 AND OUR NEED TO ENSURE THE HEALTH OF OUR CLIENTS, ALL INITIAL CLIENT CONSULTATIONS WILL BE CONDUCTED BY PHONE. YOU MAY CALL US AT (480)305-8300 TO SCHEDULE A TELEPHONE CALL WITH ONE OF OUR EXPERIENCED FAMILY LAW ATTORNEYS.
Child Custody in Arizona
When most people hire a child custody attorney Phoenix AZ offers, it’s because they are going through a divorce or have already divorced.
These cases often involve custody decisions between the two parents while dissolving the marriage.
However, there are some cases in which the parents were never married and there is no divorce process to clear up custody issues.
In these cases, hiring a Phoenix child custody attorney may simplify the process of deciding custody and visitation of unmarried parents.
If you are anticipating or dealing with a child custody case, call Hildebrand Law, PC today for your child custody consultation.
Who Gets Custody When Parents Aren’t Married?
Most states have their own laws stating that the mother gets sole custody of any children when the parents aren’t married.
A father may have a chance to win custody if he can prove that the mother is unfit.
In cases where the mother is a good parent, the father may work with a child custody attorney Phoenix AZ fathers rely on to help win custody and/or visitation rights.
Arizona Child Custody Disputes
Custody disputes involving unmarried parents are often a lot like disputes between divorcing couples.
As a couple, if you can decide on an agreeable arrangement, you have that option.
If you can’t decide on something that works for both of you, a family court judge may decide for you.
A child custody attorney Phoenix AZ parents trust may tell you that unlike divorcing couples, you won’t face spousal support or division of property.
Instead, your case will likely focus only on custody and may be much simpler than a divorce case.
When you’re ready to move forward with a custody dispute, a child custody attorney in Phoenix AZ may be able to help you.
Who is the Primary Caretaker?
In any child custody case, the court usually tries to determine who the primary caretaker of the child or children had been prior to the custody dispute.
This is especially the case with unmarried parents.
Some of the factors include various childcare responsibilities for the child or children.
Your child custody attorney Phoenix Arizona respects may have a detailed list for you to look at, and you may even want to add your own responsibilities.
Some items on the list may be:
- Changing diapers
- Preparing meals
- Putting to bed
- Helping with homework
- Transport to and from school
- Transport to and from extracurricular activities
- Taking to the doctor and dentist
- Cleaning and maintaining home
You can go down the list with your lawyer and specify which parent is responsible for which activity, or if the responsibility is shared.
The parent who is responsible for the most number of items is often considered the primary caretaker.
Child Custody Case Review
As you may already know, child custody disputes can be stressful, emotional, and complicated.
If you are an unmarried couple and the two of you can’t agree on custody or visitation, you may want to take the matter to family court.
If you have questions about child custody attorneys in Arizona, you should seriously consider contacting the attorneys at Hildebrand Law, PC. Our Arizona child custody and family law attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience successfully representing clients in child custody and family law cases.
Our family law firm has earned numerous awards such as US News and World Reports Best Arizona Family Law Firm, US News and World Report Best Divorce Attorneys, “Best of the Valley” by Arizona Foothills readers, and “Best Arizona Divorce Law Firms” by North Scottsdale Magazine.
Call us today at (480)305-8300 or reach out to us through our appointment scheduling form to schedule your personalized consultation and turn your child custody or family law case around today.
More Information on Our Arizona Family Law Attorneys
- Affordable Divorce Lawyers in Arizona
- Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Arizona Order of Protection Attorneys
- Arizona Paternity Attorneys
- Arizona Spousal Maintenance Attorneys
- Arizona Divorce Attorneys for Same-Sex Couples
- Child Custody Attorney Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Attorneys Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer in Phoenix Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Phoenix Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers in Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers Scottsdale Arizona
- Christian Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Collaborative Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Athletes in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Doctors in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Firefighters in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Lawyers in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys Yuma Arizona
- Divorce Consulting Attorney in Arizona
- Family Law Attorneys in Arizona
- Family Law Attorney in Arizona
- Family Lawyer Arizona
- Find The Best Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Flagstaff Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Attorney
- Prescott Arizona Alimony Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Custody Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Child Support
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Visitation
- Prescott Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Modification of Child Custody
- Prescott Arizona Paternity Attorneys
- Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Lawyers
Chris Hildebrand wrote the information on this page about child custody in Arizona to ensure everyone has access to information about child custody laws in Arizona. Chris is a divorce and child custody attorney at Hildebrand Law, PC. He has over 24 years of Arizona family law experience and has received multiple awards, including US News and World Report “Top Arizona Divorce Attorneys”, Phoenix Magazine “Top Divorce Law Firms”, and Arizona Foothills Magazine “Best of the Valley” award. He believes the policies and procedures he uses to get his clients through a divorce should all be guided by the principles of honesty, integrity, and actually caring about what his clients are going through in a divorce.