Arizona Paternity Attorneys
Experienced Arizona Paternity Attorneys
Paternity refers to the legal process of determining the biological father of a child who is born to an unmarried couple.
As there can be no doubt who a child’s mother is, determining who the father of the child is may be an issue that needs to be addressed.
The issue of paternity typically arises when parents of a child disagree regarding how much parenting time each parent will spend with their child or whether a purported father of a child should be paying child support.
Paternity, however, also affects other issues such as whether a father can include the child on his health insurance plan, whether that child will be able to inherit from his or her father and whether a father can prevent his or her child from being adopted by someone else.
It is very important, therefore, for a person who believes he is the father of a child born out of wedlock to establish the paternity of his child.
Once you establish paternity, you may have difficulty undoing the establishment of paternity if you later have doubts as to whether or not you are a child’s biological father.
Our paternity attorneys can help get an order requiring the mother of your child to cooperate with a DNA test to determine if you are the father of a child in Arizona.
If you have signed a Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity or established paternity in some other way and now need to contest your paternity of a child, our experienced paternity lawyers can help.
Paternity Law and Children in Arizona
Similar to any legal case, the Arizona laws pertaining to paternity, child custody, and child support can be complicated.
If not handled correctly, your rights and obligations with respect to your child can be significantly impacted.
Paternity cases also tend to present a very emotional time for a father.
Our paternity attorneys at Hildebrand Law, PC will work side-by-side with you to ensure you are protected throughout the process.
Our attorneys have been helping fathers in paternity cases for decades and have the knowledge and experience to get you through the process of establishing paternity, child custody, and child support in a manner that protects you and your child’s best interests.
We will help you through the multitude of important decisions that must be made in your paternity case.
It is very important that, during the process of establishing paternity, the attorney who represents you does not create an environment of hostility that could negatively impact your child.
The experienced paternity attorneys at Hildebrand Law, PC have the ability to professionally navigate you through the process of establishing paternity, child custody, and child support without creating an atmosphere of hostility and mistrust.
You should always do a DNA test to determine if you are the biological father of a child.
Once paternity is established in court, it may be very difficult to reverse a finding of paternity.
DNA experts will take a DNA sample from both the parents and the child.
The DNA expert will then exclude DNA markers found in the mother’s DNA from consideration.
The remaining DNA markers are then compared with the father’s marker.
If you do not share those same markers with the child, you are excluded as being the father of the child.
However, if your DNA markers match those of the remaining markers that were not matched to the mother, you are very likely the biological father of the child.
DNA testing can include or exclude you as being the likely biological father of a child to a very high degree of scientific certainty.
Complications can arise when a woman who is married gives birth to a child as a result of an affair with someone to whom she is not married.
The law in Arizona presumes the woman’s husband is the father of the child.
If this is the case, a person who wants to establish custody must file a lawsuit against both the mother of the child and her husband to contest the husband’s presumption of paternity.
The woman’s husband can attempt to prevent someone else from asserting a claim of paternity over that child that was born to a married woman.
We Have the Experience and Knowledge to Help You With Your Paternity Case
Paternity, child custody, and child support issues can have very important repercussions to both parties in a paternity case.
It is very important, therefore, that you have the right paternity attorneys to help navigate you through the process of DNA testing, establishing paternity, child custody, and child support.
Our team of paternity lawyers understands the complex paternity laws in Arizona and can help you navigate through more complex paternity matters, including those involving international laws when the parents live in different countries and the complex Hague Convention treaty of which the United States is a participant to secure the return of children that have been abducted by a parent and taken to another country.
Call the experienced Scottsdale and Phoenix Arizona paternity attorneys at (480)305-8300 at Hildebrand Law, PC to learn more about the paternity of a child in Arizona.
More Information on Our Arizona Family Law Attorneys
- Affordable Divorce Lawyers in Arizona
- Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Arizona Order of Protection Attorneys
- Arizona Spousal Maintenance Attorneys
- Arizona Divorce Attorneys for Same-Sex Couples
- Child Custody Attorney in Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Attorney Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Attorneys Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer in Phoenix Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Phoenix Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers in Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers Scottsdale Arizona
- Christian Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Collaborative Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Athletes in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Doctors in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Firefighters in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Lawyers in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys Yuma Arizona
- Divorce Consulting Attorney in Arizona
- Family Law Attorneys in Arizona
- Family Law Attorney in Arizona
- Family Lawyer Arizona
- Find The Best Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Flagstaff Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Attorney
- Prescott Arizona Alimony Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Custody Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Child Support
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Visitation
- Prescott Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Modification of Child Custody
- Prescott Arizona Paternity Attorneys
- Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Lawyers
Chris Hildebrand wrote the information on this page about our paternity attorneys to ensure everyone has access to information about paternity laws in Arizona. Chris is a divorce and paternity attorney at Hildebrand Law, PC. He has over 24 years of Arizona family law experience and has received multiple awards, including US News and World Report “Top Arizona Divorce Attorneys”, Phoenix Magazine “Top Divorce Law Firms”, and Arizona Foothills Magazine “Best of the Valley” award. He believes the policies and procedures he uses to get his clients through a divorce should all be guided by the principles of honesty, integrity, and actually caring about what his clients are going through in a paternity case.
As Seen on CBS News, ABC News, NBC News, and Fox News
Hildebrand Law, PC As Seen in the News.