Table of Contents
Order of Protection Attorneys in Arizona
Are you searching for the best Arizona Order of Protection attorneys for your Order of Protection case?
Our experienced Order of Protection attorneys has over 100 combined years of experience representing clients in Order of Protection cases.
There is not likely to be a single issue in your Order of Protection case we have not successfully handled many times.
It is important to have an initial consultation with an experienced attorney if domestic violence has occurred or you are accused of committing acts of domestic violence against another person.
If you are the victim of domestic violence or are the one who has been served with a restraining order in Arizona, you should be aware of the Arizona laws that impact whether a restraining order should be issued, modified or dismissed.
A restraining order can affect your parenting time, which will also have an impact on other family members.
Difference Between an Order of Protection and Injunction Against Harassment
Arizona has three types of protective orders. The first one is an Order of Protection.
An Order of Protection requires there to be a familial type relationship between the parties.
The parties could be married, divorced, or have a child together to qualify for an Order of Protection.
There are two types of Orders of Protection.
One is your standard Order of Protection that may be obtained by filing a Petition for Order of Protection and appearing before a judge.
There is also an Emergency Order of Protection which can be applied for by a police officer while still at the scene of a domestic violence incident.
The next type of protective order in Arizona is an Injunction Against Harassment, which applies when there is a familial type relationship between the parties.
Lastly, the court can issue an Injunction to Prohibit Workplace Harassment.
Obtaining an Order of Protection in Arizona
To obtain an Order of Protection in Arizona, you need to complete paperwork at the actual court where you are seeking the Order of Protection.
The Order of Protection attorneys at our law office advise our clients to either have us present when you appear before the court on your Order of Protection case or have us meet with you to ensure the allegations you are making support the issuance of an Order of Protection.
Fighting, Dismissing or Modifying an Order of Protection
An Order of Protection is a matter of public record, which means employers, co-workers, friends, and family can all obtain a copy of the Petition for Order of Protection containing the allegations made against you.
The court can also order you to turn your firearms over to law enforcement, prohibit you from possessing firearms in the future, can order you to not be present at certain locations and can order you not have contact with your children.
If you or the person who was served with an Order of Protection requests a hearing, it will be important to speak to an attorney immediately.
A hearing on an Order of Protection must be scheduled within 5 days if the order prevents a person from returning to their home.
If the order does not prevent a person from returning to their home, the court must schedule a hearing on a Request for Hearing on an Order of Protection within 10 days.
Since these hearings are scheduled very quickly, it is important you speak to an attorney as quickly as possible.
That attorney will have to obtain all of the evidence that will be used in that hearing in a very short period of time.
Your attorney may need to issue and serve witnesses with trial subpoenas to require their attendance at an Order of Protection hearing.
He or she may also have to issue subpoenas to obtain medical records or police reports.
If you or a family member need an Order of Protection or needs to contest an Order of Protection that has been served upon them, it is important you have an attorney with the experience to present all the evidence necessary to win your case.
If you have questions about order of protection attorneys in Arizona, you should seriously consider contacting the attorneys at Hildebrand Law, PC. Our Arizona restraining order and family law attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience successfully representing clients in restraining order and family law cases.
Our family law firm has earned numerous awards such as US News and World Reports Best Arizona Family Law Firm, US News and World Report Best Divorce Attorneys, “Best of the Valley” by Arizona Foothills readers, and “Best Arizona Divorce Law Firms” by North Scottsdale Magazine.
Call us today at (480)305-8300 or reach out to us through our appointment scheduling form to schedule your personalized consultation and turn your restraining order or family law case around today.
More Information on Our Arizona Family Law Attorneys
- Affordable Divorce Lawyers in Arizona
- Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Arizona Paternity Attorneys
- Arizona Spousal Maintenance Attorneys
- Arizona Divorce Attorneys for Same-Sex Couples
- Child Custody Attorney in Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Attorney Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Attorneys Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer in Phoenix Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Phoenix Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers in Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers Scottsdale Arizona
- Christian Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Collaborative Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Athletes in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Doctors in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Firefighters in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Lawyers in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys Yuma Arizona
- Divorce Consulting Attorney in Arizona
- Family Law Attorneys in Arizona
- Family Law Attorney in Arizona
- Family Lawyer Arizona
- Find The Best Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Flagstaff Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Attorney
- Prescott Arizona Alimony Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Custody Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Child Support
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Visitation
- Prescott Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Modification of Child Custody
- Prescott Arizona Paternity Attorneys
- Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Lawyers
As Seen on CBS News, ABC News, NBC News, and Fox News