Arizona Divorce Attorneys for Same-Sex Couples
The divorce process is very similar to a married heterosexual couple as it is for a same-sex couple.
There are, however, some differences.
For example, if a child was born during the marriage of two females then the statutory presumption of paternity holds that both women are presumed to be the parents of the child(ren).
That was recently decided by the Arizona Supreme Court in the case of McLaughlin v. Jones.
However, if a same-sex couple was not married when the child was born paternity cannot be established, which impacts the court’s ability to award custody and parenting time rights.
There are other statutes, however, that may allow the other parent to file for visitation and even custody of the child. Adoption is also an option whether the same-sex couple is married or not in which case both adoptive parents will have all of the parental rights of all other parents.
You need to choose the best divorce attorney for your same-sex couple divorce.
We have handled many same-sex couples divorces and other family law matters.
Our attorneys have over 100 years of combined legal experience and can answer all of your questions regarding an Arizona divorce, legal separation, adoption, child custody, child support, and alimony.
As importantly, all of our clients receive the attention to the case and their needs with professionalism and respect they deserve.
Call to speak to one of our Arizona same-sex couple attorneys at (480)305-8300.
We are happy to answer your questions and provide solutions for your case.
More Information on Our Arizona Family Law Attorneys
- Affordable Divorce Lawyers in Arizona
- Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Arizona Order of Protection Attorneys
- Arizona Paternity Attorneys
- Arizona Spousal Maintenance Attorneys
- Child Custody Attorney in Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Attorney Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Attorneys Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer in Phoenix Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer in Scottsdale Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyer Phoenix Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers in Arizona
- Child Custody Lawyers Scottsdale Arizona
- Christian Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Collaborative Divorce Attorneys in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Athletes in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Doctors in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Firefighters in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys for Lawyers in Arizona
- Divorce Attorneys Yuma Arizona
- Divorce Consulting Attorney in Arizona
- Family Law Attorneys in Arizona
- Family Law Attorney in Arizona
- Family Lawyer Arizona
- Find The Best Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Flagstaff Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Attorney
- Prescott Arizona Alimony Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Custody Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Child Support Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Community Property Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Divorce Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Child Support
- Prescott Arizona Enforcement of Visitation
- Prescott Arizona Legal Separation Attorneys
- Prescott Arizona Modification of Child Custody
- Prescott Arizona Paternity Attorneys
- Scottsdale Arizona Child Custody Lawyers
Chris Hildebrand wrote the information on this page about disability benefits in a divorce to ensure everyone has access to information about community property laws in Arizona. Chris is a divorce and child custody attorney at Hildebrand Law, PC. He has over 24 years of Arizona family law experience and has received multiple awards, including US News and World Report “Top Arizona Divorce Attorneys”, Phoenix Magazine “Top Divorce Law Firms”, and Arizona Foothills Magazine “Best of the Valley” award. He believes the policies and procedures he uses to get his clients through a divorce should all be guided by the principles of honesty, integrity, and actually caring about what his clients are going through in a divorce.