Family Lawyers in Phoenix AZ
Meet Our Family Lawyers Phoenix AZ
If you are dealing with a child custody battle, you may want to consult with family lawyers Phoenix AZ respects from Hildebrand Law, PC. Our lawyers have been helping parents make custody agreements for years and we are ready to assist you. With our experienced family lawyers in Phoenix AZ on your side, you can feel confident in knowing that your matter is being handled confidentially.We pride ourselves on our professionalism and aggressiveness in the courtroom.
At our firm, we have seven, well-experienced, Phoenix family lawyers to help you meet your needs. They are each known for their devoted time and effort to this line of work and bringing justice to whom it is owed. Meet our outstanding team below:
- Chris Hildebrand: Divorce and Family Law
- Clarissa Reiman: Divorce and Family Law
- Kevin Park: Divorce and Family Law
- Kip Micuda: Divorce and Estate Planning
- Michael Clancy: Family Law
- Jennifer Shick: Family Law
- Alan Cochran: Divorce and Family Law
Our team of family lawyers Phoenix AZ can choose from are well versed in their specific area of law. With many awards and accolades under our belt, our attorneys want you to see for yourself what makes us who we are, and why so many people recommend us. If you are in need of family lawyers in Phoenix AZ, stop by Hildebrand Law, PC for a consultation.
While each case is inherently unique, we believe it’s important for our clients to know about different options for obtaining custody. If it is not feasible for a family to negotiate themselves for a custody arrangement both sides can agree on, you will need to seek counsel from family lawyers Phoenix AZ offers, such as our attorneys at Hildebrand Law, PC. Though no family ever wants to reach this point, you will want the best outcome for your child. Here are three of the more common types of custody that our clients have sought:
In some cases, a judge may award sole custody of a child to one parent. This usually occurs if the other parent is found unfit to care for the child, especially if drug, alcohol, or financial problems are present. If one parent is living with a partner who is considered unfit to take care of the child, the other parent may likely be given sole custody. If you believe your ex-spouse is unfit to look after your child, you may want to have experienced family lawyers Phoenix AZ trusts help you fight for sole custody.
When both parents are fit to take care of a child, family lawyers Phoenix AZ counts on may help them achieve joint cust
ody. In this situation, parents usually rotate weeks or months with the child. If one parent lives far away, the child could stay primarily with the other parent and only have visits on weekends.
One of the greatest benefits of joint custody is that the child gets to have a consistent relationship with both parents. This custody arrangement can also make taking care of a child less burdensome for both parents.
If a parent gets legal custody of a child, he or she has the legal right to make all legal decisions in the child’s life. This parent can decide where the child goes to school, what kind of medical care the child will receive, and other important financial matters. Many states award joint legal custody to parents. If you are in a joint legal custody arrangement, your ex-spouse is not allowed to make major decisions about your child without your consent or input.
Legal custody is similar to sole custody in which you will have to prove to the court that it is in the child’s best interest to have no relation with the other parent. Sometimes visitation rights are awarded, but only if it is safe for the child, and trusted family lawyers Phoenix AZ offers will be able to decide if the conditions are safe. Examples of unfit conditions may be a parent is an addict of a harmful substance, the parent has no intention of being in the child’s life, failure to financially support the child, etc.
Common Mistakes to Avoid in a Child Custody Battle
As family lawyers Phoenix AZ residents trust can attest, child custody battles are difficult for everyone involved. These child custody battles can cause parents to think irrationally and make mistakes. Here are common mistakes to avoid making in a child custody battle.
- Not Paying Child Support: If the court has ordered you to make child support payments, remember to make your payments on time. Failing to make your payments can cause you to lose custody of your children. If you are having financial difficulties and can’t make your payments, be sure to let the court know ahead of time.
- Arriving Late to Visits With Your Kids: Family lawyers in Phoenix AZ have seen many parents arrive late to visits with their kids. If you constantly are tardy picking up your kids, the judge may think you’re irresponsible. If you can’t help but be late to a visit, let your ex-spouse know right away.
- Taking Your Children on Vacation Without Permission: If you want to take your children on a trip, family lawyer Phoenix AZ locals respect recommend asking the other parent for permission first. If you take your kids out of town without permission, it could be seen as kidnapping.
- Blaming Your Ex-Spouse for Everything: Even if you are resentful toward your ex-spouse, family lawyers Phoenix AZ residents rely on advise not to place blame on him or her in court. The judge may think you are bitter and grant custody to your ex-spouse. Be civil to your ex-spouse in court.
- Letting Your Emotions Get the Best of You: It is normal to experience a wide range of emotions during a custody battle. However, you should not let your emotions control your actions. If you do, you could make choices you regret later, such as calling up your ex-spouse and screaming at him or her. That is why it is important to have Phoenix family lawyers on your side. They can prevent you from making rash decisions that could potentially hurt your case.
- Not Following Court Orders: You may not agree with every court order a judge gives you, but that does not mean you should not follow them. As family lawyers Phoenix AZ locals depend on can verify, refusing to follow court orders is disrespectful to the judge. Whether the judge orders you to take a parenting class or take a custody evaluation, you should comply.
- Failing to Be Involved in Parenting Activities: If you wish to win custody of your children, family lawyers Phoenix AZ offers suggest being involved as you can in parenting activities. Help them with their homework, read to them before bedtime and attend their school functions when you can. Plan family-friendly activities on weekends, such as mini-golfing or playing at the park. If you do not make an effort to be involved in your kids’ lives, the judge may believe they aren’t your top priority and grant the other parent custody.
Hildebrand Law, PC: Phoenix Family Lawyers You Can Count On
Dealing with a child custody case is not always easy. It can get complicated and cause a lot of stress. The reputable family lawyers Phoenix AZ relies on from Hildebrand Law, PC may help you through even the most complex custody battle. We understand how emotionally draining child custody battles can be. That is why we want to help you the best way we know how. We can review your case at no charge, and address all your questions and concerns, in a free case evaluation.
Our team of family lawyers Phoenix AZ citizens can call on have received several awards acknowledging their dedication to helping the people of Arizona. We want to use our passion for justice combined with our excellent customer service to help you and your family receive the best care and the best outcome. We want to assist you every step of the way and relieve some of that stress that was placed on your shoulders during this process. We are aware the heartache a divorce can bring and only want to make things a little easier for you.
Do not wait to hire a lawyer to help you with your child custody case. To speak with a trusted team of family lawyers Phoenix AZ parents can depend on, contact Hildebrand Law, PC at (480)305-8300.