Divorce Lawyers in Phoenix Arizona
Many divorce lawyers Phoenix AZ residents trust know that the divorce process can be an overwhelming and emotional one. At Hildebrand Law, PC, we have provided countless clients with assistance in divorces and other family law matters.
Even the friendliest of divorces can quickly turn into one contentious battle as spouses attempt to work through important issues such as child custody and division of assets. Many decisions need to be made during a divorce, and it is not uncommon for couples to completely disagree on what those final decisions should be. You also need to understand the divorce process in Arizona. What often starts out as a straightforward and uncomplicated divorce can quickly escalate into an antagonistic one. If this happens with your divorce, you want to make sure you have one of the aggressive divorce lawyers Phoenix AZ has to offer from our firm representing you.
Our seasoned Phoenix divorce lawyers are skilled negotiators and litigators and will help get you what you deserve.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Divorce?
If you are planning to get divorced, you are probably wondering how long the entire process will take. As divorce lawyers Phoenix AZ residents trust can attest, it can depend on many different factors, including:
- Separation Requirements: Most states require spouses to live apart for a certain amount of time before they can get divorced. This could take up to a year.
- Waiting Periods: Some states make it mandatory to wait a certain length of time between filing for a divorce and entering a final judgment, as divorce lawyers in Phoenix AZ can confirm. These waiting periods can take anywhere from 0 to 90 days.
- No-Fault or Fault-Based: The length of time it takes to get a divorce may also depend on whether your divorce is no-fault or fault-based. A fault-based divorce takes longer to resolve because you have to prove a ground for the divorce in court.
- Serving Divorce Papers: Divorce lawyers Phoenix AZ locals respect have seen divorces take longer when spouses try to avoid getting served divorce papers. Sometimes spouses become angry and upset and do everything they can to prolong the divorce.
- The complexity of a Divorce: The more complicated the issues are in a divorce, the longer it will take, as divorce lawyers Phoenix AZ rely on can verify. For example, if you and your spouse have a lot of property, it may take longer for the divorce to settle.
Common Mistakes to Avoid in a Divorce
Going through a divorce can be quite stressful and cause some people to make harsh decisions. Here are some common mistakes Phoenix divorce lawyers have seen individuals make:
- Hiding Assets: In a divorce, it is important to disclose all of your assets. If you try to hide even a seemingly small asset, the judge will frown upon that.
- Talking Badly about Your Spouse in Front of Your Kids: Divorce lawyers Phoenix AZ locals count on have also seen individuals bad mouth their spouses in front of their kids. No matter how angry you are with your spouse, it is not appropriate to talk poorly about him or her while your kids are around. Doing so may make your kids feel uncomfortable and make the entire situation worse.
- Settling Too Soon: It is understandable to want a divorce to be over as soon as possible. However, that does not mean you should accept an unfair settlement offer. It is important to be patient and allow your divorce lawyers Phoenix AZ offers to negotiate a better settlement.
- Becoming Overly Emotional: A divorce can be overwhelming, but it is still important to keep your emotions in check. If you allow yourself to get overly emotional, you are more likely to make bad decisions. For example, you could lash out at your spouse and say hurtful things that you may regret later on. If you feel yourself getting very angry or upset, you should take a few deep breaths until you calm down.
How Can We Help?
If you are considering ending your marriage, our divorce lawyers in Phoenix AZ can discuss your legal options with you. No matter where you are in the divorce process, whether just considering your options or ready to file, our counsel could prove to be an invaluable asset.
Our attorneys can assist in child custody and support issues, as well as property and asset division. If you and your spouse own a business together, that business becomes part of the marital estate. Our attorneys are well-versed in the intricate process this entails. We can also help you determine if spousal support may be awarded.
For spouses who are not sure if they want a divorce, but do need legal issues addressed, a legal separation may the best choice, and our Phoenix divorce lawyers can assist with that process, as well.
And as we mentioned, although many divorces can be contentious ones, there are still many couples who can work together and negotiate a divorce settlement they can both agree on, avoiding the litigation path. For those couples, our firm offers divorce mediation.
Let Divorce Lawyers Phoenix Arizona Victims Trust Advocate for You
It is important to note that when it comes to dissolving a marriage, there is no one size fits all. For example, when it comes to the division of assets, there are many factors to consider than just the current financial value of assets. There may be long-term financial or tax implications involved in any settlement that may need to be considered. This is where seasoned divorce lawyers Phoenix AZ residents rely on can help negotiate the best divorce settlement for you and your children.
Our skilled Phoenix divorce lawyers at Hildebrand Law, PC will be happy to discuss your case in detail during a complimentary case evaluation. To schedule an appointment with one of the trusted Phoenix and Scottsdale Arizona divorce lawyers, contact us today at (480) 305-8300 or fill out a contact form from our website.