Child Custody Lawyer Arizona
When deciding the fate of a child, a combination of relying upon a child custody lawyer in Arizona and the judge assigned to your case help determine a course of action that is in the best interest of the child. Since a parent’s objective should be to raise the best adult that they can, it is also in their interest to represent themselves with this long-term goal in mind, instead of trying to use the children in a divorce. However, it can be difficult to see into the future, anticipating how a parent’s life will change; and the needs of a child in five or ten years can be drastically different than what they are now.
The Court hopes to find the best solution to alleviate any stress that can occur for parents or their children. There are many factors that should be taken into account when trying to come to a child custody agreement. These should be discussed with a child custody lawyer Arizona residents have worked with. Some factors are common in this analysis in most custody situations:
- Wishes of the child (if old enough to express a preference for logical reasons);
- Mental health and physical health of the parents;
- If a child has special needs, how does each parent take care of those needs;
- Religion and/or cultural considerations;
- Need for continuation of stable home environment;
- Interaction and interrelationship with other members of household;
- Adjustment to school and community;
- Age and sex of child;
- Is there a pattern of domestic abuse;
- Is there a pattern of drug abuse or alcohol abuse?
Arizona Child Custody Lawyers
It is best if the parents can work out an agreement without the Courts stepping in. This way parents can honestly debate the merits of each other and create the best situation for their children without a third parties intervention. However, having a child custody lawyer Arizona locals trust present is always advised. Their advice and experience with similar situations can be useful for parents trying to find the best outcome for their children. Often, if the Courts have to make the decision, they focus on how parents have divided the key responsibilities for taking care of their child, including such tasks as:
- Bathing, grooming, and dressing;
- Meal planning and preparation;
- Purchasing clothes and laundry responsibilities;
- Healthcare arrangements;
- Fostering participation in extracurricular activities;
- Teaching of reading, writing, and math skills; helping with homework;
- Conferencing with teachers; attending open houses; and
- Planning and participating in leisure activities with the child.
Ultimately the child’s safety and happiness are the paramount concern for the Courts. These factors become a question of whether parents have demonstrated these abilities in the past, as a court of law is based on evidence. Therefore, the parents are a better judge of these abilities, as a child custody lawyer Arizona relies on can attest. If custody battles can be worked out beforehand that tends to be best for all parties.
Call the experienced Scottsdale and Phoenix Arizona child custody lawyers at (480)305-8300 at Hildebrand Law, PC to learn more about adopting a child in Arizona.
Chris Hildebrand wrote this article about child custody in Arizona to ensure everyone has access to information about child custody in Arizona. Chris is a family law attorney at Hildebrand Law, PC. He has over 24 years of Arizona family law experience and has received multiple awards, including US News and World Report “Top Arizona Divorce Attorneys”, Phoenix Magazine “Top Divorce Law Firms”, and Arizona Foothills Magazine “Best of the Valley” award. He believes the policies and procedures he uses to get his clients through a child custody case should all be guided by the principles of honesty, integrity, and actually caring about what his clients are going through.