Who is the Best Child Custody Lawyer in Arizona?
Looking for the Best Child Custody Lawyer in Phoenix Arizona or Scottsdale Arizona
If you are wondering who is the best child custody lawyer in Arizona, you are not alone. At Hildebrand Law, our dedicated lawyers have helped many people like yourself get through custody battles. With a dedicated lawyer on your side, you may feel more at ease throughout the entire process. So, what makes the best child custody attorney, well, the best. Let’s talk about what you should be asking when you consider hiring a child custody attorney for your case.
Find an attorney who knows how to build the case for you. Some attorneys meet you for an initial consultation to discuss your case and begin providing you with ideas on how to build a great child custody case. Then, after the consultation, you do not hear from them until just before trial and you are panicking because you have no game plan going into the trial on one of the most important things in your life; your children. So, the best child custody attorney for your child custody case has to do better than that scenario; they have to do much, much better.
The attorneys at Hildebrand Law, PC take a very comprehensive approach to represent our clients in child custody cases. We meet with every new client at the very beginning of their case to explain all of the various child custody laws that apply to their case to ensure our clients know the law that will be applied to their case. We then obtain all of the relevant details of our clients’ relationship with their children, as well as the lives of their children to begin creating a strategy on how best to present our clients’ child custody cases to the court.
We then collect and thoroughly outline all of the information and questions we are doing to ask our clients and other witnesses at trial. This ensures nothing is missed in any child custody case we handle. It also results in a very organized and compelling case for our clients. So, the answer to the question of who the best child custody attorney is in Arizona is simple: it is the attorney who will take the time you deserve to present all of the relevant evidence to the court. This is what wins child custody cases and is what we do every day at Hildebrand Law, PC.
How to Determine Who is the Best Child Custody Lawyer in Arizona
So, If you want to find out who is the best child custody lawyer in Arizona it’s important to know what qualities to look for in an attorney. Let’s take a closer look at some of the characteristics you should look for in a child custody lawyer:
- Experience: Family lawyers may have differing experience in different areas of divorce and family law. One might focus on divorce while another may concentrate on custody matters. It may be in your best interest to work with a lawyer who specializes in child custody. He or she is more likely to have the experience and skill set you need to get a good outcome in your case.
- Compassion: Going through a child custody battle can be an incredibly emotional process, so it may be important to have a lawyer who is compassionate. He or she should sympathize with your situation and have a genuine interest in helping you achieve a positive outcome.
- Skilled Negotiator: In most child custody cases, there is a lot of negotiating, even outside the courtroom. That’s why it’s critical to choose a child custody lawyer who is confident with his or her negotiating skills. If a lawyer knows how to negotiate well, he or she is more likely to help you achieve a favorable outcome.
- Creative: Many types of issues can arise in child custody cases, so it may be beneficial to hire a lawyer who is creative. A child custody lawyer should be able to think on his or her feet and be ready for all types of issues.
- Available: Before you decide to hire a child custody lawyer, find out about his or her caseload. If a lawyer is currently handling a lot of cases, he or she might not have the time to give your case the attention it deserves.
What to Expect During Your First Consultation with a Child Custody Lawyer
You really do not need to prepare for your first meeting with a good child custody lawyer. A good attorney will already have an outline of all the details he or she will need to begin formulating a plan to win your child custody case. However, it certainly doesn’t hurt to do some preparation. You should be ready to discuss what each parent’s role has been with the children. Have both parents participated in the children’s education, medical care, and extracurricular activities or has one parent primarily assumed these roles? What is the relationship between the children and each parent? Do the children have any special needs and has one or both parents been involved in meeting those special needs.
Where do the parents live in proximity to the children’s school and activities? Has there been any domestic violence or abuse by either parent? Do either or both parents have extended family in the area such that reduced parenting time with that parent would impact the children’s relationship with these family members. Have the children expressed their wishes about what they want? Most importantly, be prepared to provide the names, addressed, and telephone numbers of all witnesses who have something helpful to say about you and your relationship with your children.
To learn more information on deciding who is the best child custody lawyer in Arizona, contact Hildebrand Law, PC at (480)305-8300.
Chris Hildebrand wrote this article about how to find the best child custody attorneys in Arizona to ensure everyone has access to information about child custody cases in Arizona. Chris is a family law attorney at Hildebrand Law, PC. He has over 24 years of Arizona family law experience and has received multiple awards, including US News and World Report “Top Arizona Divorce Attorneys”, Phoenix Magazine “Top Divorce Law Firms”, and Arizona Foothills Magazine “Best of the Valley” award. He believes the policies and procedures he uses to get his clients through a child custody case should all be guided by the principles of honesty, integrity, and actually caring about what his clients are going through.