Arizona Child Support Calculator
Child Support Calculator in Arizona
Are you looking for the new Arizona child support calculator? You need to know that the new version of the Arizona Child Support Guidelines took effect on August 1, 2015.
The new Arizona child support guidelines with applies to all new orders issued after August 1, 2015, as well as to Arizona child support orders issued before August 1, 2015, if a party seeks to modify those prior orders.
How to Calculate Child Support in Arizona
You should gather all of the documentation you will need before using the official Arizona child support calculator. For example, you need the gross annual income of both parties.
Many things are considered “income” to calculate child support. “Income” under the child support guidelines is much different than what the IRS defines income for income tax purposes.
For example, bonuses, stock options, and regular and recurring gifts, just to name a few, may be added to a person’s gross income from employment to calculate child support.
You will also need to know if either parent is supporting other children from another relationship as a figure will be used in the calculator to offset an amount from that parent’s income.
You will also need to input whether either spouse is paying spousal maintenance and include that figure in the worksheet.
Again, the parents paying alimony will have their income reduced by the amount of those spousal support payments.
Conversely, the spouse receiving spousal maintenance will have that figure added to their earnings.
You will then need to add in the cost of providing health insurance and daycare for the children.
Lastly, you would need to know how many days the other parent spends with the children.
The exercise of parenting time decreases the primary custodial parent’s cost of supporting the children because some of those expenses are not incurred when they are with the other parent.
If you have questions about child support calculator in Arizona, you should seriously consider contacting the attorneys at Hildebrand Law, PC. Our Arizona child support and family law attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience successfully representing clients in child support and family law cases.
Our family law firm has earned numerous awards such as US News and World Reports Best Arizona Family Law Firm, US News and World Report Best Divorce Attorneys, “Best of the Valley” by Arizona Foothills readers, and “Best Arizona Divorce Law Firms” by North Scottsdale Magazine.
Call us today at (480)305-8300 or reach out to us through our appointment scheduling form to schedule your personalized consultation and turn your child support or family law case around today.
Arizona Family Law Attorneys in Scottsdale and Tucson Arizona
Other Articles About Child Support in Arizona
- Arizona Child Support Laws
- Arizona Uniform Interstate Family Support Act Statutes
- Arizona Child Support
- Back Child Support in Arizona
- Calculating Income for Child Support in Arizona
- Child Support and an Unemployed Parent in Arizona
- Child Support Enforcement in Arizona
- Domesticate Child Support Order in Arizona
- How is Child Support Calculated in Arizona
- How is Income Calculated for Child Support in Arizona
- How to Enforce a Child Support Order in Arizona
- How To Enforce Child Support in Arizona
- How to Make Child Support Payments in Arizona
- How to Modify Child Support Order in Arizona
- Modification of Child Support in Arizona
- Modify or Enforce Other State Support Order in Arizona
- Prescott Arizona Modification of Child Support
- Registering Support Order From Another State In Arizona
- The Standard Procedure to Modify Child Support in Arizona
- What is a Wage Assignment in Arizona
- What Is Considered Gross Income for Arizona Child Support in Arizona
- What is Included in an Arizona Child Support Order
- When Does Child Support End in Arizona
- Modification of Child Support When Neither Parent Lives in Arizona
Chris Hildebrand wrote the information on this page about child support to ensure everyone has access to information about child support laws in Arizona. Chris is a divorce and child support attorney at Hildebrand Law, PC. He has over 24 years of Arizona family law experience and has received multiple awards, including US News and World Report “Top Arizona Divorce Attorneys”, Phoenix Magazine “Top Divorce Law Firms”, and Arizona Foothills Magazine “Best of the Valley” award. He believes the policies and procedures he uses to get his clients through a divorce should all be guided by the principles of honesty, integrity, and actually caring about what his clients are going through in a child support case.